This is a great recipe for using up left overs from a Sunday roast. I used chicken in this but I am sure you could use pork, lamb or beef.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 300g risotto rice (you can also use ordinary or basmati rice)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 725g raw or cooked leftover vegetables
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300g-400g leftover chicken or other meat
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Spray a large flameproof casserole dish with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 5 minutes, then stir in the rosemary and nutmeg and cook for a further minute. Add the rice, stirring for 1 minute, then add the stock.
- If your vegetables are raw add them to the casserole dish now otherwise leave until step 3 if cooked already. Bring the risotto to a simmer, then cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir lemon juice (and cooked vegetables). Cover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the rice and veg are tender.
- Season to taste, then stir the cooked meat until piping hot. Scatter over the lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper.
Photos copyright CarriesCloset