Now that the colder months are definitely upon us with the crisper evenings, hearty and filling food is what its all about. This traditional lasagne recipe is right up my street and this version has a slimming world twist which makes it good for your waistline too. Bake, eat and enjoy!
Syn free (or 6 syns if not using cheese as Healthy Extra A)
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 red pepper diced into small pieces
- 1 courgette cut into small pieces
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g passatta
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- low calorie cooking spray
- 500g fat free natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 12 lasagne sheets
- 160g reduced chedder cheese
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef mince, red pepper, courgettes, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, passata and dried herbs, season well and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile mix together the yoghurt, eggs and nutmeg until smooth. Season well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized lasagne dish with low calorie cooking spray. Spoon half the mince mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagne sheets. Spread over half of the yogurt mixture and top with the remaining mince mixture. Top with the remaining lasagne sheets, spread over the remaining yogurt mixture
and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a mixed salad.
Find this recipe here along with other slimming world ideas.