My recipe of the month is a little earlier this month due to it being err CHRISTMAS!!! But seeing as its the season of goodwill and all that I have got to include a festive bake so here’s a quick and easy recipe for cinnamon biscuits. I found it online here.
Makes: 48 Prep: 20 mins Cooking time:10mins
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven at Gas mark 3/160C
- Sift flours and cinnamon into a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix sugar and butter until smooth. Add egg and mix well
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix into firm dough. Lift onto a lightly floured board, knead until smooth. Roll to 5mm thickness. Cut into shapes and place on a greased oven tray
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until a light golden colour. Leave to cool and harden
- You could also add icing to decorate and silver balls or other festive decorations. Leave to cool completely before trying to remove from tray otherwise they can crumble
Thank you for sticking around and reading my blog.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
See you in 2017!