I saw this tag on Little Miss Katy‘s blog and thought it might be fun as the past few days have been quite British what with Wimbledon, sunny weather, the Tour de France coming to London and then the inevitable rain!
Let me know if your tastes are similar or what your favourite British things are whether or not you are from the UK or not!
1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? And how many sugars?I tend to drink about four cups a day on average and no sugar. I have given up coffee for a while so I have substituted that with water for the time being, caffeine is not good for my migraines so I try not to overdose on it!
2. Favourite part of your roast dinner?
Oh so hard as this is my FAVOURITE meal! I would probably go with roast potatoes though – crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Yorkshire puddings are a very close second though and apparently I make pretty good ones!
3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
Got to be a chocolate digestive as I love it when the chocolate melts. Can not dunk it for too long though otherwise you end up with half of it in your tea!
4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Going to the seaside even if it is cold – walking along the beach and eating fish and chips. Nothing beats that.
5. Favourite word?
Mmmm difficult I am not sure I have one. Maybe ‘amazing’ is something I use quite often.
6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Apples and pears (up the stairs) though Cockney is not something I speak in usual daily language!
7. Favourite sweet/chocolate?
Galaxy chocolate in all forms (i.e Minstrels, Galaxy Cookie Crumble, Galaxy Ripple you get the picture!)
Have to say though Oreos and Twizzlers are also favourite sweets but of course they are American.
8. What would your pub be called?
The Cat and Fiddle. Two things I love!
9. No.1 British person
I am rather partial to the lovely Kate Middleton or Princess Catherine of Cambridge to you Royal fans out there! She seems genuine and has great taste in clothes and that hair! Jealous.com!
10. Favourite shop / restaurant
I like quaint little tea shops in Devon villages. High Street wise possibly Boots as I am obsessed with toiletries and New Look.
11. What British song pops into your head?
Hey Jude by The Beatles. Have no idea why it just came into my head whilst typing, it isn’t even one of my favourites of there’s!
Yes on hot buttered toast! You either love it or hate it!
So there you go, hope you found it interesting and now you know a little more about me.
I bought a few goodies from Boots so will pop up a blog soon of my haul. Thanks for reading, I have had some good feedback already so keep it coming, keep sharing and see you soon!
Love and sprinkles