Okay I know Andy Murray didn’t win this year but I am not a fan at all of Roger Federer so refuse to put him in my blog post! Wimbledon. The fresh green grass, the white outfits, Rufus the hawk. There is just something about the tournament I love and always have. I have been lucky enough to go there three times and twice I have had the pleasure of being on Centre Court. All of this jargon will mean nothing to you if you don’t watch tennis during the fortnight it takes over the TV but if you know what I mean, well you know what I mean. So here are just a few things that I love about watching and going to Wimbledon.
- The tradition of Pimms and strawberries and cream. What is not to love right?
- Getting hooked on watching all of the matches all day even players you do not know and then watching the highlights show just in case you missed anything
- Sitting on Henman Hill with your aforementioned food and drink products and/or a picnic and watching a match on the big screen
- Wandering around the grounds and seeing an up and coming player on a small outside court who the following year might be a winner
- Entering the yearly ballot in the hope that you get tickets and waiting for the postman to deliver the letter
- Cheering for all the Brits whether or not they stand any chance of winning
- Chatting about the tennis to random people on your way to the grounds, on the tube, at work, family and friends.
So that is all for today just a quick post. Wimbledon is over for another year and next month the ballot will be open once again to enter for next years!
Game, set and match 🙂